All Saints School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. Successful applicants applying for upcoming positions will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check, which must be maintained throughout the period of employment.
Class Teacher – 2 positions - All Saints Babbacombe CofE Primary School, Torquay
Hours - Full time, permanent position
Start date: 1st September 2023
Salary: M1 - 6
Benefits: Local Government Pension Scheme
Closing date: 9 am on Wednesday 3rd May 2023
Interview Date: Tuesday 9th May 2023
Come and be a member of Team ASB, where well-being is at the heart of everything that we do. We value people's opinions and let our teachers give their knowledge and ideas into any changes that we make within the school. It's an exciting time for the school under new leadership, with the aim to make the school a hub of the local community and supporting everyone that lives and works in it.
All Saints Babbacombe Primary School is led by a newly appointed Headteacher, Mr Pugsley. Children are encouraged and given opportunities to achieve their full potential, both academically and personally. The staff at All saints Babbacombe CofE Primary School go above and beyond for the children and families and strive to attain the very highest standards in their academic learning, whilst encouraging their pupils to become aspirational, responsible, creative and spiritual citizens.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner
- Has relevant key stage experience
- Has good phonics knowledge and understanding of early literacy skills
- Is used to working in positive and proactive ways and collaborating with others to drive high expectations supporting the overall school improvement
- Is creative and passionate about working with children
- Will work effectively as part of a close team of staff
- Will be happy to support the Anglican ethos through our school values
We can offer:
- A small class of willing and enthusiastic children
- A large, well resourced classroom with dedicated outside provision
- A welcoming staff team who are hardworking and committed to achieving the best outcomes
- High quality continual professional development
- A supportive PTFA who work hard to provide a wide range of enhancements for the children
- The opportunity to be part of a community-focused, multi-academy trust
To appreciate all that we have to offer, we welcome potential candidates who would like to arrange a school tour or a conversation with the headteacher. To arrange this please contact the School Office on 01803 329131.
Please visit www.stchristophersmat.org for more information and an application form, which should be returned by email to HR@stcmat.org by 9 am on Wednesday 3rd May 2023. Interviews will be held on Monday 15th May 2023.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates. Candidates are encouraged to read our Safeguarding policy before applying.
Please note it is our process to apply for references for shortlisted applicants and to complete online searches in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance.