World Book Day 2021
Todays learning is going to look a little different as it is World Book Day and we are going to have a day embedded in books and reading.
At 9.30am I will be holding a live Zoom session to talk about world book day and will then be sending the children off to do a 'book' related' activity.
(see link on dojo) Children will need the WBD scavenger Hunt activity sheets.
At 10.30 there is a live World Book Day session that I would like the children to watch from home if possible - we shall be watching in the classroom :
Thursday 4th March, 10.30am – World Book Day special – Bringing Reading to Life
Starring: Joseph Coelho & Fiona Lumbers, Tom Fletcher and Lydia Monks and special guest Rob Biddulph
Hosted by Nigel Clarke, TV presenter
Click the link to join at 10.30am
There will be no live session at 11am.
I have then attached a few other activities for the children to do during the rest of the day:
- A world Book Day quiz to have a go at. (attached)
- Design a new cover for your favourite book (attached)
- A Maths 'Book' challenge (attached)
- A share a story activity (attached)
- Draw with Rob activity: http://www.robbiddulph.com/draw-with-rob select a 'draw' of your choice - we will be doing no:47 The puffer fish in class.
- Cardboard Tube Challenge - send me your photos! (attached)
- Why not make your own book! Have a look at the resource sheet below- how to make a book
Why not have a look at the top recommended reads and see if there’s a new book you’d like to read.
Most importantly have a fun day and enjoy the activities!!!!