The key driver for our school is our vision and values. These embody the key principles we hope all children can use to shape their life long learning journey. To learn more about our vision and values and where they began please click here.
Our School Aims:
- For All Saints Babbacombe C of E Primary to be an inspirational place for children to learn and creating a open learning culture where children can thrive.
- To develop each individual child through the exploration of our Christian values.
- To have an bespoke and irresistible curriculum that showcases the talents, skills and knowledge learned by children throughout their time at the school.
- For the school to be the hub of the community and help support families locally.
- For the school and trust to develop our staff members to further their careers.
- To have well-being at the forefront of everything that we do as a school.
At Team All Saints we strive to deliver a bespoke curriculum that inspires our children. Through a range of learning experiences, our curriculum centers on the children’s needs and interests.
We aim to fulfil this by:
- engaging the children in specific skills and learned knowledge that is then applied to a varied range of contexts.
- having a curriculum that is designed specifically with the coastal location of Torquay at the heart of the planning.
- all of the staff knowing every child throughout the school and having a ‘deliberate botheredness’ all day, every day!
- encouraging the development of important real life attributes (driven by)through our school values.
- celebrating the success of all children in a variety of different ways, but also teaching the children that failure can be good. (making mistakes can be positive)
- giving all children an equitable chance to reach their full potential, regardless of their backgrounds.
- developing links so that the school is the hub of the local community.
- to uphold our Christian values of Joy, Courage, Forgiveness, Respect and Hope in everything that we do.
- creating a strong support network between the children, staff, parents and the local community making one ‘Team All Saints’.
- to have well-being and mental health at the heart of everything that we do!
Being developed in Spring 2023:
Core Learning Questions: Designed to help focus our topics and teaching to meet the learning needs of the children within our school's context.
Our Curriculum is based on the National Curriculum for England and Wales. If you would like to learn more about the National Curriculum please follow this link:
If you have any questions regarding our curriculum, please contact our Headteacher Mr Andy Pugsley on 01803 329131 or Andy.Pugsley@stcmat.org